If your home isn’t selling you may be wondering why, and we’ve got some answers for you.
Keep reading to find out why your home’s not selling.
Reasons Why Your Home Isn’t Selling
If your home isn’t selling, it may be because of one or all of the following reasons:
- Unfamiliarity with the area – Less than 3 months is a significant amount of time to find your house-hunting groove, so if you’re selling within the first month or so of searching, then you’re doing something wrong.
- Your home’s off-putting – Is your home an odd color? Style? Layout? If your home is outdated or in need of serious repairs this could be very off-putting to potential buyers, especially first-time buyers. Many buyers are looking for homes that are move-in ready, and aren’t willing to take on something they view as a fixer-upper.
- Pricing is too high – Although you may think your house is worth the cost, buyers could be seeing your asking price as unreasonable. Try to read reviews of other sellers to see what they’re selling it for. The mistake many sellers make is pricing it too low, which means it will require a lot of work to sell.
- Poor staging – You did a great job staging the home when you bought it, and you love everything about it, but unless buyers are able to envision themselves living in the space, they’re not going to want to make an offer. Consider hiring a professional designer, or even looking online for staging inspiration.
- Home is not big enough – It’s no secret that the average home in Delaware is larger than the average home elsewhere. That may help explain why your home isn’t selling. It also doesn’t hurt that many buyers are looking for homes that are closer to the center of town.
Do you feel discouraged that your home’s not selling, or that you know what the problem is, but can’t seem to fix it? As with any good problem to have, identifying your issues is an important first step. You can’t go forward if you don’t have a clear understanding of the reasons why your home isn’t selling. If you can’t identify the root cause of your problem, chances are, you won’t be able to find a solution that makes it more likely to sell. When you understand the root of your problem, you’ll be able to better define the things you can do to improve your home’s value and make it more appealing to buyers.
Contact Morgan Home Solutions
If your home isn’t selling, contact Morgan Home Solutions today. We buy homes in any condition fast so you don’t have to worry about staging, showings, open-houses, or last-minute repairs. Call us today to get your free, no-obligation offer, and you could be closing on the sale of your home in as little as 14 days. We proudly serve the Harrington and New Castle, Delaware, areas.