If you’re selling your home, your curb appeal can be an important factor to consider, but sadly, many homeowners overlook it.
So what is curb appeal, and why should it matter to you?
What is Curb Appeal
Curb appeal is the first look homebuyers get of your house, it consists of your driveway, yard, porch, and the exterior of your home.
Why is Curb Appeal Important?
Curb appeal is your home’s first impression to any potential buyers, it’s what they see online in photos and when they first pull up in person. The outside of your home is what is going to convince buyers that they want to come inside and see the rest. Many home buyers decide whether or not they are interested in a home within the first minute of seeing it, and you don’t want buyers writing your house off just because the flower beds are unkempt and the windows are dirty, you want them to be drawn in by your home’s beauty.
Having high curb appeal can also help your home sell faster, and at a higher price.
How Can You Improve Your Curb Appeal?
If your home’s exterior is looking less than lavish don’t worry, there are a lot of simple, inexpensive ways to improve your curb appeal including:
- Sprucing up your yard- prune any existing shrubs and fill in any gaps with seasonal flowers. Mow the lawn and spray any brown spots with grass-safe paint. If you want to go the extra mile, you could even hire a landscaping company and get the job done professionally.
- Replacing your front door- if your door has seen better days now could be a good time to replace it with something more modern. If your door is in good shape consider painting it a trendy color to grab the attention of buyers.
- Adding decor- sweep off your porch and add some new decor or potted plants. A nice new welcome mat and house numbers will make potential buyers feel right at home.
- Sealing up any driveway cracks- if your driveway could use a little help you could head to the hardware store and find a DIY kit, or if the task is too big consider hiring a professional to patch up your driveway.
- Power washing your house- If new paint, siding, or stucco is out of your budget, consider renting a power washer and giving the exterior of your home a good clean.
- Washing your windows- cleaning your windows will not only make the outside of your home look better, but it lets more light inside as well. While you’re up there consider also painting or replacing any damaged shutters.
Contact Morgan Home Solutions Today
If you don’t want to worry about your curb appeal, no problem, sell to us at Morgan Home Solutions. We buy houses in any condition in cash. Contact us today, and you could have cash in hand for your home in as little as 14 days. We serve the Newcastle, Delaware, area.